The most convenient compounding pharmacy.
Get your compounded, customized medications delivered for free without sacrificing exceptional pharmacy services. All of our locations offer Canada-wide free delivery and compounding services. Select one of the below options to get started.
How it works
- Get a prescription for a compounded medication. Whether from your physician, one of our virtual doctors, a dermatologist or other specialist – we can compound your medicine.
- Create your DrugSmart profile. You will need to either transfer your existing medication from another pharmacy or ask your doctor to fax us your written prescription. Our fax numbers can be found here.
- Get your medication. Your compounded medicine will be made available for pickup at your local DrugSmart or delivered directly to you for free anywhere in Canada.
What kind of prescriptions can be compounded?
Nearly any kind. Compounded prescriptions are ideal for any patient requiring unique dosages or medication delivery devices. Compounded medication can take the form of solutions, creams, suppositories, sprays, oral rinses, lollipops, or transdermal sticks.
Compounding applications can include:
- Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Medication Flavouring
- Chronic Pain Management
- Sports Medicine
- Wound Therapy
Frequently asked questions
- How much does this service cost? Our Compounding Pharmacy service costs the same as a regular visit to a DrugSmart Pharmacy. Shipping is free, we direct bill to all private insurance plans, and our dispensing fee is $10.99. The cost of the actual medication will vary based on what the medication is.
- When will my medication arrive? Your pharmacist will give you a specific window of time, and the timing will depend on the compounding requirements. Once the medication has been compounded, the delivery will arrive in 1 to 3 business days.
- Is compounding safe? Yes. Health Canada has stated that compounded prescriptions are both ethical and legal as long as they are prescribed by a licensed practitioner for a specific patient and compounded by a licensed pharmacy. As a licensed pharmacy, our compounding practices are regulated by the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- How do I get refills? You can easily request a prescription refill on our mobile app, online store, or by contacting your local DrugSmart. To refill online: go to the product "Prescription Refill", select your DrugSmart location, enter your Rx number, add it to your cart, and check out.
- What if my coverage is my provincial public plan? For Ontario residents we can bill direct to the Ontario public plan and all private insurance plans. For non-Ontario residents, we can bill direct to private insurance plans only.
Are all pharmacies compounding pharmacies? No. Only certain pharmacies have the model standards, license, and equipment required to compound medications. Learn more about the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) Model Standards for Pharmacy Compounding of Non-Sterile Preparations.
This is a DrugSmart-certified service.
This service and its associated providers meet the standards set out in the DrugSmart Pharmacy Commitment to Care. All decisions and processes are guided by these five core principles:
- Transparent. Be open, be kind, be honest.
- Bright. Be positive, be creative, be innovative.
- Driven. Never be satisfied. Always strive to be better.
- Service above all else. Be a champion for your customers, your patients, and your colleagues.
- Pride. Be proud to #BeDrugSmart.
Should you ever have an experience with a DrugSmart team member or service that doesn't meet the above Commitment to Care standards, please let us know.
Call us toll-free
Send us an email
Chat with us live
Mon. to Fri. 9am to 5pm