DrugSmart Pharmacy now offers custom, compounded medication for erectile dysfunction – a safe and effective method for achieving an erection.
Rapid dissolve tablets (RDTs) dissolve on or below the tongue without water within 60 seconds. They are a convenient and effective erectile dysfunction (ED) treatment with added benefits and cost-savings over traditional pill form ED medications.
We offer the following medications as RDTs:
- tadalafil, and
- combination sildenafil/tadalafil.
What are the benefits of RDTs for ED?
Sildenafil and tadalafil RDTs are safe and effective in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and have the following advantages over oral applications:
- Smaller active dose. A smaller dose of sildenafil and/or tadalafil is needed in the RDT format to successfully achieve an erection.
- Rapid onset. RDTs start to work within 15 minutes (compared to 30 min - 2 hours with an oral dose).
- Shorter duration of action. The smaller RDT active dose means drug effects tend to have a shorter duration. The average erection for 20 mg of sildenafil lasts 40 minutes compared to 2-3 hours with an oral dose.
- Diminished side-effects. RDT users tend to report the same side effect profile associated with oral application users, albeit diminished with the smaller active dose.
- A more predictable onset of action. Sildenafil and/or tadalafil RDTs may have a more predictable response as they are not affected by food ingestion and quickly appear in the blood stream.
- Easier to take. Sublingual application is preferred by patients who have difficulty swallowing pills.
- A more cost-effective option. Sildenafil, tadalafil, and sildenafil/tadalafil RDTs from DrugSmart Pharmacy are up to 50% cheaper than generic and brand name oral applications.
Download the DrugSmart RDTs for ED Prescription Sheet
Print a copy of the compounded sildenafil, tadalafil, and sildenafil/tadalafil RDT prescriptions available from DrugSmart Pharmacy to discuss with your primary care doctor or urologist.
Getting your ED medication is simple:
- Your physician fills out the prescription sheet and faxes it to us.
- Your DrugSmart pharmacist will prepare your compounded prescription. They will call you with medication instructions, answer any questions you may have, and process your insurance information, if needed.
- Your medication will be shipped directly to you in 1 - 3 business days. Delivery is free, anywhere in Canada.
I would like to chat to a doctor about RDT medication for ED
Send us a message and a DrugSmart physician will call you to discuss your options.